Specializing in birth at home and in our modern birthing center, our midwife team provides comprehensive prenatal and postnatal care.
We offer superior, AFFORDABLE care
Please contact us, we are happy to give you an out-of-pocket estimate and help you understand your insurance benefits.
- We work with your insurance company so you do not have to
- We offer transparent pricing
- Our midwives offer better care for a lower price. The average cost for vaginal childbirth among our competitors in the US and in the state of Utah is $13,000-$15,000
- Our wellness and pediatric visit costs are comparable with typical health clinics
- Financing options are available
- We accept HSA cards
- We are in-network with Cigna (plans through employers only), United Healthcare, Tri-Care (active duty), and Aetna
Now then… What is included?
Midwifery and Birthing Care
When it comes to maternity care, our midwifery team provides medical services that span the entire prenatal, labor and delivery, and postnatal experience. All healthcare that clients receive as a pregnant and postpartum person are included under an “umbrella” of care, like a maternity package. This includes:
- Midwifery care for normal pregnancy includes in-office, limited ultrasound for position checks and pregnancy confirmation
- Monthly appointments until 28 weeks gestation
- Bi-weekly appointments between 28-36 weeks gestation
- Once a week visits until delivery starting at 36 weeks
- 24-hour on-call midwifery coverage throughout your pregnancy
- Midwifery and birth assistant care for labor and delivery
- Postpartum services for mother and baby for 6 weeks
- Home visit 24-36 hours after birth that includes lactation support
- Follow-up office visits at 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, and 6-weeks postpartum.
- Newborn visits include metabolic screening and hearing testing.
- The 6-week postpartum exam visit includes well-body care and family planning counseling.
Our umbrella fee does not include:
- Lab testing
- Anatomical Scan Ultrasound
- Additional medical procedures that may be necessary during your care
- Costs associated with hospital care and transport to a medical facility should it become necessary
Our facility fee for delivery at Wasatch Midwifery and Wellness Center
For clients planning to deliver in the center, we provide a complete verification of benefits to include the services included in the umbrella as well as the facility cost. We separate out the fees here for insurance billing purposes. We will prepare this document for you even if you are self-paying for your care.